Lessons on Living a Life Un:limitedFree lessons and guidance on living the spiritual life. RETURNING SOON!
If you find yourself on the spiritual path, then you know from experience the road is often unclear and the directions are vague. These Lessons are designed to help you find your way more effectively. Subscribers receive one Lesson via email each week. Simply click "Subscribe" and enter your name and email address to receive your first Lesson.
Tom Stine TV«Prev Videos1/10Next Videos»Why Everyone Needs Awakening 101 - Tom StineDiscipline and Awakening - Tom Stine«Prev Videos1/10Next Videos»
COMING SOON! Tom Stine TV gives you the choice to watch Tom's videos whenever works best for you. Enjoy unlimited access to all of Tom's recorded teachings. To watch more free videos, go to the Free TV Archive.
- What if everything you have turns out to be nothing? Oops! Oh, well, you can have more fun when you realize it’s nothing. #
- Can spirituality make your life better? Yeah, sure it can. That’s what the experts say, right? Jesus’ life sure turned out great. ;-) #
- What happens when you point that alive, awake Presence at a “problem” you have? Try it. You’ll be pleasantly surprised. #
- What if you discovered that the person you’ve been your whole life really is just a character you’ve been pretending to be? Hollywood is me! #
Buddhism stands unique in the history of human thought in denying the existence of a Soul, Self or Atman. According to the teachings of the Buddha, the idea of self is an imaginary, false belief which has no corresponding reality, and it produces harmful thoughts of ‘me’ and ‘mine’, selfish desire, craving, attachment, hatred, ill-will, conceit, pride, egoism, and other defilements, impurities and problems. It is the source of all troubles in the world from personal conflicts to wars between nations. In short, to this false view can be traced all the evil in the world.
- Every time you say “I am this” or “I am that,” about whom are you talking? I WHO? Seriously, where is this “I” you are so convinced of? #
- Go through everything around and say, “this is what I am.” Do it for everything. Then recognize that they are all nothing, too. Like you. #
- What is awakening? What is enlightenment? We do our best to describe the impossible to describe. Oh, well. At least you can have fun trying. #
The disappearance of this fundamental question [How do I know the state of an enlightened one?], on discovering that it had no answer, was a physiological phenomenon, a sudden ‘explosion’ inside, blasting, as it were, every cell, every nerve and every gland in my body. And with that ‘explosion’, the illusion that there is continuity of thought, that there is a center, an ‘I’ linking up the thoughts, was not there anymore.
- Give up making decisions. Let Life and your intuition show you what to do. They are always right on the money. #
- My friend Takuin nailed awakening with a story from Michael Caine: http://bit.ly/fChhs #
- Listen to people. They spin the most incredible tales about why their lives suck. But listen closely. Those are YOUR tales of woe. Total BS. #